Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Waterbearer arrives!

Several weeks ago (with the kindly assistance of Lynchburg's Director of Public Works, Dave Owens, and his very capable crew), the broken body of the Waterbearer arrived at my studio. She was carefully transferred to wooden pallets and moved to her new temporary home.







(Special thanks to Laurie Goodman Lenz for the photos!)
I do apologize for this late posting (I've had this post ready to upload for two weeks now) but it was unavoidable: all the crazy weather here has made it impossible. The power has been going on and off daily and an uprooted poplar tree on the hill behind my house severed the phone line and knocked out my internet. I'm finally back online and barring any further weather related mishaps hope to keep this blog updated on a much more regular basis.

Next update: The cleaning process (aka Phase I) has begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment