Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Another mystery solved!

There has been some debate over the years regarding the gender of the Waterbearer and through a sheer stroke of luck I believe I've found the answer. After many hours of internet research I was about to give up when for some reason I thought to check under the meaning of birth names. A reverse search led me to discover that Dalila is a female name meaning "waterbearer".

So, ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, let me introduce you formally to Dalila. For the record, it was also my grandmother's middle name, which I think is pretty cool.

The cleaning process continued this week and I managed to finish all of the broken bits and pieces in preparation for mold making:

The water pitcher has some really great detail.

Dalila got a pedicure!

Top view.

  
I gave her a manicure too, while I was at it.

With all of the pieces out of the way my concentration is now on finishing off her legs and torso. I'm hoping to have Phase I completed by next week. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment